Saturday, April 28, 2012

We finally made it to Paris, France, after our long flight over. The flight wasn't terrible, but we flew at night and I do not sleep on planes, let alone being seven months pregnant, so I was quite exhausted when we arrived there at 10a.m. Regardless, the city was a sight to see and quickly snapped me out of my sleepy haze.  

The Eifel Tower was amazing! As you can see, the baby and I are happy to be there! It was a beautiful sight and even more spectacular viewing from the top...

...what a time we had, and I can think of no better place to be with my hubby and baby.


We also visited the Arc de Triomphe...

...and the bread was absolutely delicious. We sure had our share of pasteries. That's pretty much all the French eat in the morning, but it's so tasty. This one in particular was my favorite...a twist bread with chocolate pieces in it, some delicious cream, and cubed sugar sprinkled over it. SO GOOD! The baby didn't seem to mind, either. :)

Next stop, CASTLES!!! I loved this part!

The beautiful Chateau de Chenonceau! One of my favorites!
The beautiful Chateau de Ambroise!

The Catacombs were neat and creepy to see!!!


The grand Palais de Versailles!

Paris was beautiful. We had a wonderful time seeing all the amazing sights and taking in the rich history. One of my dreams was fulfilled...and the journey wasn't over yet! Next stop, Geneva, Switzerland to visit our good friends, Emil and Todd.


We, of course, had to visit the famous flower clock and the Jet D'eau (below).

I was quite thirsty after all the walking we did!


Then, we went to Bern and saw the famous clock. We have a Berne, Indiana, with a smaller version of the clock, so we had to check it out! Another fun feature of this place is that the language is German, whereas it is French in Geneva! It was quite the time trying to figure out what everyone was saying everywhere I went. Thankfully, Jason and Emil know French pretty well, and Todd knows a bit of French and some German. I was in good hands.


We took a nice boat ride down the lake to a nice litte French town called Yvoire. The ride there and back was beautiful.

 

Our amazing trip came to an end, and it was bitter-sweet. We didn't want to leave, but we were ready to head home aftere such a great time. We had a wonderful time in Paris and in Geneva. Emil and Todd were great hosts and were execellent at accommodating a pregnant lady. We really appreciate them making our last leg of our trip a time to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment